“Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.”
Juab High School Students need a positivity boost. High school is hard and it becomes even harder when living with a negative mindset. When you start changing your outlook, positivity can simply become a habit. So, here are 4 ways you keep your life positive.
- Prioritize your health
- As students, teens are constantly juggling work and relationships. It’s easy to forget about yourself. Neglecting your health is common but often brings your mood down.
- Try to set some small health goals to improve your health. Try drinking more water or sleeping more. Perhaps you could do more exercises. Perhaps you can improve your nutrition.
- Do your best to limit stress. Stress lowers your body’s power and will decrease your state of health. The greasiest way to avoid stress is to not procrastinate. Built up work is never good for stress levels.
- Work through your feelings
- Keeping your feelings bottled up isn’t good. Even if your feelings aren’t negative, you should process them. A great way to do this is to talk. Talk about how you feel and what is going on with your life. You can do this with friends, family, or teachers. (Or school counselors)
- If you don’t want to talk, there are other ways to process your emotions. You can vent through writing and journaling. You can let them out through music, art, sports and other creative or active activities.
- Look for the good
- Stop focusing on the negative. I challenge you to find five positive things every day. It can be something big or just something small. All you need to do is recognize the good things in your life.
- This exercise can be really fun once you start it. It widens your eyes to the good in your life. And no, finding positive things isn’t impossible. With some practice it does become easier.
- Do good deeds
- Be nice to everyone, especially yourself. Try to smile more, even though that sounds old. The simple act of smiling can often lift not only your mood but others moods as well.
- Try to compliment someone or yourself. Say something nice, leave a good comment, help someone with a small task. There are so many good deeds you can do.
Remember that it is okay to be negative sometimes. It is okay to have a bad day or week. But, negative thoughts will keep you trapped in negative times. Life is easier when you are positive about life. Let’s do our best to make Juab High School a positive place.