Stress is the feeling of being overwhelmed, according to mental health.org. Stress is a normal aspect of life. Teenagers experience the highest levels of stress. Teens have the most work thrown on them at a time when most of them haven’t fully learned how to deal with pressure. Students are trying to maintain school, figuring out their futures, and sometimes work as well.
I sent out a stress survey to a selected class. These are the results.
Most common causes of stress are:
- Home Work: 100% of all the participants said that homework causes them stress.
- Themselves: 71.5% said that they, themselves, were one of their causes of stress.
- Socializing: 67% said that socializing causes them stress.
The average level of stress:
- On a scale from 1 to 10 over 85% of students rated their current stress level above a 5.
- 33% of the students said that stress was present in their lives but was easily managed.
Ways to reduce stress:
- One of the best ways to eliminate stress is to eliminate procrastination. Stop putting things off! Work won’t go away, it will just build up.
- Be kind to one another. Not only will this put you in a better mood but it eases others stress as well.
- Take care of yourself. Taking time to get proper rest and nutrition will decrease your stress levels.